My photo
A form of expressionism in the 21st century

Sunday, June 9, 2013

Summer 2012 Photo Diary Part 1: Destination PARIS

Trodded on French lands for the very first time, sipped on fine French wine, savoured on exquisite French cuisine,  and visited more churches than a pilgrim on a pilgrimage. France was a truly remarkable experience. Spent most of the time in France visiting a streak of art museums and enjoyed an abundance of art works and paintings from the likes of van Gogh to Manet to da Vinci. I've even managed to steal a glimpse of the smiling Mona Lisa :) 

Went on dessert hunt and we managed to stop at every dessert shop we come across and was not haunted by even tiny bit of guilt. No not yet. Finally got to the Ladurée in Paris - it may be available everywhere in the world now but it is never the same to relish on these dainty macarons in it's country of origin. Shopping was not left out of course as we brave the avenue des Champs-Élysées with whatever student budget we have. It still amazed me how me and Emma managed to survive this very day without emptying our wallets before we went on a plane to Italy. 

I had little to no pictures of the art museums and especially the Louvre because my camera ran out of battery and all the pictures were taken on my iPhone which has sadly been stolen when I was back home in Penang :/




















No comments: